Thursday, January 12, 2012

MY SELF EVALUATION


             I was so thankful when my teacher assigned me to have my demonstration in second year Education students because I know that they are participative and competitive as well. For me, there will be no difficulty on managing the class for someday they will be having their demonstration and for me, they will cooperate with me as their teacher on that period.
           First, when ma’am informed me that she will not observing during my demonstration for she will be having an important matter to attend to I felt quite worried maybe because the students were the ones who will rate my demonstration based on their comments. That time, I thought that it will be unfair on my part maybe because maybe some students don’t like me and they will just rate me what they want or put some negative comments without basing it on how I really demonstrated.
            On the positive side, I was happy with my demonstration to them because even if I’m just a student teacher they have shown their respect to me. It was one the reasons why I don’t have any problem on managing the class. When I gave the activity to them my expectation was not failed because they are active eventhough the time is 1pm (siesta time). And the best part I love was when I discussed the topic to them which was all about the Parts of a Paragraph and also characteristics of a well-constructive Paragraph. I really appreciate them for they are listening attentively to my discussion; they are not also doing some unnecessary activities during the class. Even if the topic was just simple but still they participated well in a way that when I asked something to them, they didn’t refused to answer it especially when I asked them about their personal insights about the literature I gave to them.
         On the negative side, I didn’t able to manage the time well because I was not able to give them exercises after the discussion. Because of that, I decided to make it as their assignment. I do not know if they did it because I was not able to ask ma’am Caresusa.
 But generally speaking, I am satisfied with my demonstration because I know that I’ve delivered well the lesson, I know that I’m prepared before I entered the classroom and I know that students learned something from me for that span of time.
This another experience that I had will serve as my guide to do better and TO BE A GOOD AND MOST IMPORTANTLY PASSIONATE TEACHER SOMEDAY…..

No comments:

Post a Comment